Circular economy & territory
THE ECLAIRA NETWORK : A DYNAMIC OF CIRCULAR ECONOMY IN AUVERGNE-RHÔNE-ALPES
Launched in September 2015 by CIRIDD and with the support of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Region, the ECLAIRA network aims to bring together the actors of the circular economy, to promote the projects carried out in the territory and to promote the emergence of new circular economy initiatives. Since, it has become a real space for promoting the activities carried out by the actors, as well as a space of exchange and collective production of solutions.
The activities of the ECLAIRA network revolve around:
• An online collaborative platform bringing together more than 1,600 members
• Regular publications: news, feedbacks, technical sheets, bulletins, collection of initiatives, video reports, etc.
• Meetings between members (events, workshops, webinars, etc.)
The ECLAIRA annual meetings (in Lyon and Clermont-Ferrand) bring together nearly hundreds of professionals from companies, innovation networks, local authorities, public establishments and associations. ECLAIRA annual meetings are unique opportunities to benefit from testimonials from the bearers of circular economy initiatives.
The Region, through the PRAEC, has defined priority sectors (agriculture, energy, construction, plastics, tourism) and attention sectors (chemical industry, electrical and electronic and mechanical equipment). CIRIDD assists the Region in defining its sector strategy.
SUPPORT FOR TERRITORIES, SUPPORT FOR COMMUNITIES
OUTLOOK FOR THE ECLAIRA NETWORK:
• Continue to run the ECLAIRA regional resource centre: Online publications and support for registered members: weekly news, initiatives by project leaders, quarterly newsletters, video reports, etc.
• Strengthen the promotion of actors and their projects with entries by sector on the collaborative platform
• Continue cooperation with the Region and sector players, with a view to signing sector agreements.
• Continue to coordinate the EIT regional network with the aim of mobilizing economic developers.
• Propose the organization of technical days, including the organization of a third textile week and a Hackathon.
ECI BONUS TO TERRITORIES WITH POSITIVE ENERGY (TEPOS)
As part of its environmental strategy voted in June 2018, the Region has approved an environmental policy with 5 axes, including a specific axis on waste and the circular economy. In order to deploy the initiatives and best practices more widely, the Region wished to rely on pilot territories in terms of energy and ecological transition .
As such, a circular economy bonus has been set up as part of the TEPOS to help finance regional engineering for the deployment of concrete projects. The bonus should thus make it possible to :
=> strengthen governance and cross-cutting work on circular economy themes with the economic actors and competent structures of the territory
=> deploy concrete actions during the 3 years of the bonus.
=> contribute to the regional framework documents (PRPGD, PRAEC)
• Cœur de Savoie Recycling, materials library, market gardening, vegetables, collective catering.
• PNR Chartreuse + Pays Voironnais Raising professional actors' awareness of EIT, facilitating networking, identifying possible synergies.
• Saint Etienne Métropole Pilat Public order, reuse/repair/reuse, waste management, food and short circuits, energy, EIT, responsible consumption.
• Nord Isère Durable Reuse and awareness of residents about the collection of bulky items.
• Chamonix Vallée Mont Blanc Reduction of professional waste (towards labeling of committed professionals) and composting.
• Loire Forez agglomeration Eco-construction, public order.
• Monts du Lyonnais: Material library, grinding platforms in connection with the CUMAs
• Grand Annecy PNR Bauges Grand Chambéry Grand Lac: Mobilization of economic players (eco-challenge in companies)
CIRIDD is mobilized to:
• Identify the levers and opportunities of the circular economy to support the operational implementation of the action plan;
• Provide feedbacks and resources to facilitate the implementation of actions by mobilizing the Eclaira network;
• Set up monitoring of the action plan (objectives, indicators, etc.);
CONTACT: CHRISTELE FIEROBE
“SUPPORTING THE DEPLOYMENT OF THE CIRCULAR ECONOMY REFERENCE IN AUVERGNE-RHÔNE-ALPES”
With the support of ADEME and the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Region, CIRIDD is leading a collective action over the 2020-2022 period to support the deployment of the Circular Economy Framework - the basis of a national system for the labeling of the most committed and successful territories in the areas of circularity - with 21 local authorities in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region.
The action aims to support local authorities in the appropriation and implementation of the Circular Economy Framework as a tool for programming, monitoring, evaluation, and enhancement of their operational strategy. Through collective sessions and face-to-face support, local authorities can learn how to use the reference system, carry out an inventory, develop a strategy and an action plan, and share their experience. The action is also a way to promote good practices and prepare for labelling.
TERRITORIES SUPPORTED IN 2020 AND 2021
First wave: end of 2020
• Community of Communes of Pays de Cayres Pradelles (43)
• Community of Communes of Val'Eyrieux (07)
• Community of Communes of Pays Bellegardien (74)
• Community of Communes of Pays de L'Arbresle (CCPA) (69)
• Haut-Bugey Agglomeration (74)
• Balcons du Dauphiné Community of Communes (38)
• Grand Lac (73)
• Puy en Velay Agglomeration Community (43)
• Annemasse Agglomeration (74)
• Community of Pays Voironnais urban area (38)
• Greater Chambéry (73)
• Greater Annecy (74)
• Valence Romans Agglo (26)
• Ardèche-Drôme Waste Treatment Syndicate (07-26)
Second wave: spring 2021
• Community of Communes Pays du Mont-Blanc (74)
• Community of Communes Portes de Dromardèche (07-26)
• Community of Communes Thiers Dore and Montagne (63)
• Community of Communes Vallée Chamonix Mont-Blanc ( 74)
• Metropolitan Pole of French Genevois (01-74)
• Roannais Agglomeration (42)
• VALTOM (63)
• 21 territories selected in 2 waves (14 +7): 12 mature and 9 beginners
• 21 support launched: 10 by the CIRIDD and 11 by the 2 partner consortia
• 6 awareness-raising workshops for elected officials organized
• 2 webinars of introduction to collective action
• 2 training sessions of 2 days for employees from the territories involved in 2020 and 2021
• 6 collective feedback workshops organized for employees.
CIRIDD CONTACTS: ORIANE MARIGNIER, CHRISTÈLE FIEROBE